The duration of a presentation slot is 18 minutes. Please target your lecture for a duration of about 15 minutes for the presentation plus about 3-4 minutes for questions from the audience. Session Chairs will allocate 1-2 minute for transitions between presentations for a total slot duration of 20 minutes. During transistions delegates can join/leave the session, technical arrangements for presentation upoading and recording will be set-up and the speaker will be introduced to the audience.
We are offering the opportunity to have all presentations professionally audio-recorded and synchronized with your slides. To this extend, all presenting authors shall give consent by signing a form onsite when uploading the presentation at the Speaker Preview Room.
Presentations will be made available by the following day on the conference web site and will be uploaded in IEEE Xplore after the Conference.
ALL presentations MUST be uploaded at the Speakers Preview Room at least 2 hours before the presentation or the day before for sessions starting 8.15 a.m. The Preview Room will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Presentations not uploaded as per instructions cannot be recorded and made available on the web site.
An LCD projector & computer will be available in every session room for regular presentations. Personal laptops are not allowed for presentations.
Presenters are invited to report to the session chair 15 minutes BEFORE the start of the session.
Technical assistance will be available.
- The presentation software used at the Speakers Preview Room supports the projection of the following formats:
Windows: Office Power Point 2013 – .ppt .pptx, Office Excel, PDF
Apple: Keynote, Office Power Point for MAC
- It is absolutely necessary that all files (movies / video / images) be stored in the same folder as the presentation
- Please use simple slides and with a font size of at least 14 points
- Please embed all fonts in your PowerPoint file and bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation
- If customs fonts are used (not included in “Windows 10 operating system, or Office2013 or OSX) we recommend to bring the necessary fonts to the Preview Room well in advance (at least 5 hours before the presentation)
- We suggest to include images in .gif, .jpg or .png format, in order to have light weight presentations. Other formats may be accepted only upon preliminary check with the Preview Room technical staff
- Please do not to exceed 100MB (movies excluded) for each presentation
- Movies must have the following extensions: .avi, .wmv, .mpeg. Movies created with proprietary codecs from professional machines, will not be viewable
- We suggest inserting no more than one movie for each slide, with a recommended maximum size of 100 MB each. Should the movie’s size exceed that limit, we suggest bringing a copy of the movies to the Preview Room well in advance (at least 5 hours before the speech) in order to apply any possible conversion/compression to the file
- In order to quickly upload presentations at the Preview Room, we recommend the following media supports: Pen Drive or Hard Disk USB. It is possible to download the presentations directly from your notebook at the Preview Room at least 3 hours before the presentation
- The software automatically adapts projection format. All presentations shall be 4:3. Should presentations be in a different format than the room screen, the slides will be projected in a graphic frame
Posters will be displayed in the Atrio III area and will be presented in three time slots scheduled from 16:10 to 18:30 on October 12, 13 and 14, respectively. The duration of each poster session is therefore 2 hours and 20 minutes.
We expect that at least one author stands by the poster for (most of the time of) the duration of the poster session. This is essential both to present your work to anyone interest into it and to make sure that your presence is verified by one of the session chairs.
If you wish to leave your poster to attend a lecture, please leave a message on the board to inform visitors and session chairs.
Posters should be set-up 20 minutes before the session starts and removed at the end of the session. Left behind posters at the end of the session will be disposed of.
Boards will be labelled with the code of your poster session and topic. Please check it on the programme.
The size of poster board is 2mt wide x 1mt high.
Posters must be in landscape format (width > height). This cannot be modified. You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given board size. Materials to hang the poster will be made available on-site. Our staff will be available onsite to assist you. Posters printed via the Secretariat can be collected at the Secretariat desk.
Live Demo sessions
Live demonstrations will take place in Room España 1 and will be presented in three time slots scheduled from 16:10 to 18:30 on October 12, 13 and 14, respectively. Live demos should be set-up from 14:30 to 16:10.
A table, 2 chairs, a poster board (2mt wide x 1mt high) and a plug will be made available to each presenter.
Materials to affix posters will be made available on-site. Materials left behind at the end of the session will be disposed of.