The ISCAS2020 paper submission and review process is being conducted in a manner substantially similar to previous ISCAS editions, including the double-blind review policy introduced at ISCAS 2019.
Paper preparation and submission
IMPORTANT: Prospective authors are invited to submit full length papers consisting of a complete description of their ideas and applicable research results in a maximum of 5 pages, of which 4 are for technical content including text, figures and references (if any), and with one additional optional 5th page containing only references. Paper not respecting this format (for instance longer, or the optional 5th page containing content other than references) may be returned to authors without review. Additionally, first-submission manuscripts will be checked to comply with the double-blind review policy. Failing to observe this policy may also result in papers not entering the review process.
Paper Specifications (more instructions can be found at the paper submission site):
- PDF file MUST be IEEE Xplore compliant
- Paper Size: US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) or A4 (210mm X 297mm)
- Fonts: Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. No Type 3 fonts allowed.
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Allowed File Size: 5.0Mb
- Do NOT page number your paper
- Do NOT apply security settings to your PDF file.
- Note: Deviations from the above paper specifications could result in removal of your accepted paper from the proceedings.
For Further Assistance:
- In order to help you meet the above paper specifications, please use the templates which can be found on the templates page.
- If you are having problems creating your file, please refer to the author help page.
Note: If your paper does not meet IEEE Xplore requirements (as outlined in the Paper Specifications section), it cannot be included in the Proceedings.
Double-blind Review Policy:
Please, carefully follow the following instructions in your first submission.
- Do NOT include any authors’ information such as name, affiliations, e-mail, etc. in the initial manuscript.
- Do NOT include any grant information or personal acknowledgements in the initial manuscript.
- All references including authors’ previous work should be referred as 3rd-persons’ works.
- [Wrong] “This paper proposes new method to improve our previous method .” Reviewers can identify the authors via reference !
- [Correct] “This paper proposes new method to improve XXX’s method .”
- Note: First submissions not meeting these rules may be returned to authors without review.
If your paper is accepted for publication at this conference, you will also need to adhere to the following requirements:
- Include author’s information in the camera-ready version of the paper. You can also add grant information and/or personal acknowledgements.
- IEEE policy requires that you send us a signed Copyright Form for each paper. Without this form, we can NOT publish your article.
- REMINDER: At least one author per paper must be registered AND attend the conference to present their paper.
Plagiarism and Excessive Re-use of Earlier Material
Best Student Paper Awards and Best Demo
Following the tradition for ISCAS, the conference committee will recognize the three best Student Papers and the best Demos presented during ISCAS2020. The selection of the Best Student Papers will be made on the basis of the review process results and of an ad-hoc presentation by the selected runners-up. In order to be eligible, the paper must have a student as principal (first) author, who must also attend the conference to present it.
The selection of the Best Demos will be made by a panel of judges on the basis of creativity, innovation, and visitor experience.
Journal Special Issues
Authors of selected accepted ISCAS2020 papers will be invited to submit a paper for possible publication either in:
- IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems – Part I (TCAS-I)
- IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems – Part II (TCAS-II)
- IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (TBioCAS)
A more detailed explanation of the review and invitation process can be found here. Please read it with attentions since it may influence the submission process of your manuscript.